Hacking, debilitating DDoS attacks and data theft continue to escalate in frequency and scope. In a blog on April 14, I discussed the challenges of ensuring websites and associated origins are protected from cyber threats. Today, I’m excited to reveal new online security capabilities and existing services to solve these challenges.
Solutions for Scalable Protection
Today Limelight introduced two new additions to our Cloud Security Services that enhance protection against attacks on websites and unauthorized access or theft of data. Deployed together with existing security services, the new enhancements provide a scalable approach to protecting web servers and applications:
- Limelight Security Alert provides active DDoS attack detection and alerting of malicious activity against websites and application domains. Customers’ content delivery services are configured to minimize the surface of attack exposed to the Internet and to ensure the defensive protection of Limelight’s network is deployed effectively. This service is available for free to Limelight Premier and Enterprise customers.
- Limelight WAF Express includes the Security Alert capabilities as well as simple-to-implement, efficient, effective, and affordable web application security for organizations that may not have implemented security measures due to cost. It offers protection from web application attacks using OWASP 10 Rules, rate limiting, and access control. WAF Express customers can upgrade to fully featured WAF protection which includes all Security Alert and WAF Express capabilities, and adds custom WAF filter rules, activity dashboards, and 24/7 Operations Center monitoring.
The above new services complement Limelight’s platform security measures and DDoS Attack Interceptor available to our CDN users:
- Defensive Protection—Passive attack mitigation via our massive CDN
- SSL / HTTPS Delivery—Deliver digital assets securely via the largest SSL global footprint
- Geo Fencing—Control access based on geolocation
- MediaVault—Tokenization-based video streaming access control
- CORS Management—Allow multiple content sources while restricting sharing to designated origin
- IP Whitelisting and Blacklisting—Control access based on IP addresses
- DDoS Attack Interceptor—Detect and mitigate attacks against websites
To Learn More
Want to learn more about how Limelight’s Cloud Security Services can protect your business? Defense details are available here.