SmartPurge has been specifically architected to execute purges rapidly, at global scale, so you can be confident that your end users are always receiving the most accurate and up-to-date content.
Here are just a few of the benefits SmartPurge offers:
- Near real-time purging – As soon as a request for purge is received, the purged content will stop being served to the end user.
- Cache eviction – Any and all copies of purged content are permanently deleted from the Limelight CDN. All requests are sent back to the origin to fetch new content.
- Configurable purge parameters – Submitting and executing purge commands is simple. You can easily submit patterns instead of regular expressions, thus making the whole process intuitive. The real benefit in using patterns is their flexibility they offer in targeting content easily.
Please review the SmartPurge documentation and FAQ in the Control portal to learn more about its advanced capabilities. For a quick overview of the new purge process, take two minutes now to watch this short how-to video demo.
IMPORTANT! The legacy Purge tool and its API that you have been using until now will reach end-of-life status on June 30, 2016. For more information on migrating from purge to SmartPurge, please see the “SmartPurge Migration FAQ” in the Control Support Documentation. We strongly suggest that you start your migration from using legacy Purge to SmartPurge as soon as possible.
Note: If you are a customer with a Control user account, log in to control.llnw.com to see the changes outlined below. If you don't yet have an account, simply ask your Limelight Account Manager to help you set one up.
There are a number of differences in the user interface between SmartPurge and the older Purge tool:
- In the What should be purged section
- The choices for the Where to purge from option have changed
- Single Site, Exact URL and Regex are replaced by Published URL
- All Sites across Account is replaced by Origin URL or Pattern
- In the Protocol selector, a new option - Both HTTP and HTTPS - is now available
- In the Published URL field, entering a URL that does not have a matching Origin URL generates only an error message. The option to attempt a purge in this case is no longer available.
- The Directory field has been eliminated because a directory can now be specified by appending its path to the Published URL.
- A new option, Include query string, is now available. When this option is selected, query strings are taken into account when matching the contents of the Origin URL or Pattern field.
- The Add to Queue button is now labeled Add to Purge Request
- In the Review URLs to Purge section
- The Account column has been removed because all items in a single purge request are associated with the specified Account (shortname)
- The What should be purged column is now labeled What needs to be purged
- The Resulting Regex column is now labeled Resulting Pattern
- A new column, Include Query String, indicates which items have the Include query string setting applied
- In the Purge result email notification section
- The option to choose between Summary View and a Detail View has been removed.
- When using the SmartPurge REST API, purge objects are specified with Patterns instead of Regex
- SmartPurge requests are processed atomically (instead of one URL/Regex at a time)
If you have any questions about SmartPurge or would like to arrange a demo of the new capabilities, please contact your account manager. They are, as always, here to help you succeed.