In our recent survey, The State of Online Video, we discovered some startling facts about younger Millennials (ages 18-25) and their behavior with online video:
- On average, they watch 2x to 3x more video than everyone else.
- Over 40% indicated they would cut the cord with their pay-TV subscriber if the price keeps going up.
- Over 40% subscribe to one OTT service, and almost 20% subscribe to at least two.
- The majority are willing to let a video buffer three times before abandoning it.
- The PC/laptop is the leading device to consume online videos but the smartphone is a close second.
- 73% were okay with advertising in online video as long as they could skip it.
- Over 60% primarily share their videos online on Facebook.
- The most watched kind of online video content is TV shows followed closely by movies.